There are two labeled trash containers next to the pre-compost bins
- GREEN WASTE is for green material that should not go into the compost bin. This includes weeds, large fibrous stems and diseased plants.
- TRASH is for papers, plastics, styrofoam, and any other non green material.
- Please take your RECYCLABLES home to recycle since there is no pick-up from our site.
- Extra trash bags are in the wooden bin across from the compost bin.
As a courtesy to the trash team:
- Make sure your waste/trash goes into the plastic liner.
- Do not overfill the cans. If you have a large amount of waste, use a second bag and leave it next to the trash cans.
- Secure the lid on the trash container.
Trash is picked up by the city on Friday mornings. The Friday team takes the bagged trash and places it in the Sunshine Care trashcans. The green waste bags are placed next to the trash cans near the culvert.